The Restraint Rhino barrier is a rotationally moulded, heavy-duty polyethylene water-fill barrier system.
It is the barrier of choice for many leading Construction and Traffic Management companies and was extensively used during the stadia build and for events at the London 2012 Olympic Games.
MIRA tested to 50mph, the Rhino water- filled Restraint Barrier is Highways Agency approved and provides an ideal solution which combines control, delineation and protection, with no ground drilling required, When used as part of a traffic management system during road works and around building works, the Rhino barrier system provides reassurance to both drivers and pedestrians.
An easily managed and adaptable restraint system, Rhino barriers are connected using a pin drop system for quick assembly. As soon as the first Rhino barrier is in place water filling can commence allowing for extremely fast installation. All installation can be undertaken by your own workforce.
A free standing water filled barrier system, Rhino barriers have high visibility both day and night. Creatively designed, the main body of the barrier is protected by foam filled impact strips which can be replaced individually should they become damaged on impact without having to replace the main body of the barrier.
Each rhino barrier has 2m ground coverage, height of 0.88m and base width of 0.65m. The Rhino restraint barrier weighs just 170 kg when empty, increasing to 530 kg when filled with water.
Rhino also has a wide range of ‘add-on’ features available. This flexibility includes mesh, hoarding and noise reduction panels that can be easily adapted and quickly assembled to meet clients’ needs.
- Manageable, adaptable restraint system.
- Up to 144 metres per load.
- Tested freestanding – no ground drilling required.
- Impact strips protect the main body of the barrier.
- Should the side strips be damaged they can be replaced without removing the barrier.
- Up to 15° configuration.
- Tested and Highways Agency-approved to BSEN1317-N1 up to 50mph
- Rhino fence panels can be securely fitted to the barrier
- Barriers can be placed back in position should there be any deflection impact
- Each barrier carries highly reflective strips for additional visibility both day and night
- A manageable adaptable restraint system.
Up to 144 metres per load.
- Tested free standing – no ground drilling required.
- Foam filled impact strips protect main body of the barrier.
- Should the strips be damaged on impact they can be replaced without removing the main body of the barrier.
- Highly visible both day and night.
- Up to 15° configuration.
- Barriers can easily be placed back into position following deflection impact.
- From when the first barrier is in place, water filling can commence.
- Can be installed by your own work force.
- Long life expectancy with UV / Frost protection.
UV stabilised polyethylene